Thread: Rhino 250???
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGnut View Post
2LZ, Have you ran it much with the new lights yet?? I don't know what the AMP out put is of the gen.. I don't get lights that are too big of a draw.. I know the little 135DU can barely keep the stock lights lit.. at idle the dim, but the 150 seems to do good..
(Kind of wishing I had bought the 250.)
Haven't run it at all. It's been doing nothing here but raining and freezing. Supposed to get snow tomorrow. I'm afraid my new quad will still be new in March! :-(

I haven't looked this up for certain but from what I understand, the LED's draw less than an incandescent bulb. That was another reason I wired them into, and bypassed, the high beams. I may be wrong on that but I'll let you know once I get some time on it.

In all honesty, I'll only be running this thing at night coming back from the neighbors after visiting there. 90% of my time on it will be daylight so headlights weren't that big a deal. My thing is since they're there, I wanted them functional, just in case.

Oh....and the 250 is manual clutch. That may not work in your situation.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350