Thread: Rhino 250???
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 11:37 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
BTW, if you have a pumper carb, try to use it. If it is a typical Keihin clone that most of us are familiar with, the Mikuni will be a good fit.
It's a PZ27 that's actually made in Japan! I was kind of surprised.

All done!...(for now). I did adjust the valves. The intake was fine but the exhaust was way too tight, as expected. I argued with myself relentlessly over this but I opted not to take the carb off at this point and see how it ran first. These are jetted lean but I am at 3000 feet. I can fire it with just a touch of choke and it idles really well, so I may be ok. It ended up running pretty good! Plus, 2" rear wheel spacers are on the way already.

I was shocked to see an actual pet cock and also, an inline fuel filter, stock. Of course, the rear axle/chain needed to be aligned as also, the front end. I measured the camber and the left was off a bit but close. Easily adjustable. Also, I aligned the bars when I set the toe. I trimmed off the rim of the damaged front rack plastic cover. It turned out ok. I may end up just taking the covers off as the buzz at certain RPM's, especially the rear.

Speaking of rear, the rear rack was all butimpossibble to mount straight. I'm getting closer but I'll mess with it more later.

I can say this Tao Tao Rhino is "perfectly Chinese". Mechanically, it's well-built. It's all the add-ons and bolt-ons where the trouble happens....all the way down to getting the seat to click into place. After a little "reformatting", I got it to go.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 08-29-2016 at 10:54 AM.