Thread: Rhino 250???
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
At least they're consistent with manufacturing tolerances.

Good idea about adding atmosphere between the rim and tire. I might've clunked along on square tires for awhile until I thought of that.

X2 on replacing the carb screws now, before it's full of fuel.

The front shock placement will depend on bumpsteer. The upper mount will push the wheel down and provide more ground clearance, but it might be into bumpsteer territory. Remove one front shock, place the front of the frame on a jack stand and cycle the control arms up and down (with the wheel on and the bars pointing straight ahead). Does the wheel remain parallel to the quad throughout the entire range?
Hey Weld! I'll do that with the front end and see what happens. I was amazed at how the tie rods followed the control arms...then I saw they started mounting the inner tie rod ends on the top side like the bumpsteer fix! I'm not in a huge hurry to assemble so I think I'll do the carb screws now, plus the valves. Every Hondoid I've had, the valves came WAY too tight. I may need your 'heads up' on the Mikuni you like to run. Have a link? I'm also going to check out the air box setup and maybe go with a pod filter. I have a new FMF Turbine Core II arrestor on the shelf also....and it's tempting. I want to hear how this one sounds first. If I do the carb, breather and TC II, I'll need to rejet.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350