Thread: How's the seat?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 12:13 AM   #21

That might very well be true... I only have 1100 miles on my RX3.. I'll wait it out another 900 or so before I commit to a new seat.... It makes me wonder how the guys did on the Western Americas tour... Today as I was riding home.. knowing I was 30 miles from the house I kept having the thought over and over... how did they do over 300 miles a day? I'm not 100% sure my butt could handle that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I've ridden many long, hot days on my RX3 stock seat. It seems that just like a 10 spd bicycle seat your butt needs to "adapt and conquer". And the seat needs to break in also to fit your behind and form to your tush. Every bike I've owned I read terrible things about the stock seats and yes to begin with maybe they are "not the most comfortable" but given time I've found my seat and motorcycles seat will become "one with the universe" .Your behind may very. And I'm sure aftermarket seats can be an improvement, I just like to give a stock seat several thousand miles to break in before looking for a replacement . rj