View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 09:54 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
WARNING! This is just an opinion...and you know what they say about those....
If I understood the blog correctly (and I may not have), 2495 normal price is a wee much for a Hondoid. The TT seems to have a better fit and finish (according to pics) on the plastics but the meat of it is the same ol' stuff CB's have had for a decade regarding brakes, forks, swingarm, engine, hand controls, etc..... If 1895 was the normal price, that would be much more realistic in my mind but again....this is just my opinion. Feel free to ignore.
I agree this bike is a lot like a Hawk the main differences being counterbalanced motor and inverted forks other than a few minor things like maybe slightly different brakes. They are basically the same I think 2495.00 is a bit high too and it will probably have the 195.00 assembly fee also. I don't think it's a bad deal really. pros: zongshen motor, real support and warranty, slightly better finish possibly, it will be 50 state legal. If you live in a state where it is not hard to register the hawk and are willing to work on your bike and source parts you may still want to look at the hawk, I bought mine for 1450.00 from a dealer walk out with tt&l. That's a difference of over 1000.00 that's a lot of upgrades. Just my personal opinion but I can see why some would be willing to spend the money it's still cheap.

2014 Hawk 250
Firehawk minibike
Previous bikes~
1995 Yamaha YZ125
1998 Yamaha YZ250
1981 Yamaha YZ465
1987 Honda TRX 250R X2 one stock one modified
2002 Buell Blast
2001 Buell X1 Lightning
2000 Kawasaki ZR7