View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #44

Stalling

Last night the tech lowered my idle speed down to 1400rpm. I think it was running at about 2100rpm. The bike stalled on me on my way home but I didnt give it a thought. This morning the bike stalled during every stop on my way to work. That was about 5 times in 6 minutes. Sometimes it took 3 or 4 attempts to restart. To avoid this I kept a little tension on the throttle to keep the RPMĀ“s up but this shouldnt be. Reading around I am now concerned I am developing the stalling issue that some have reported. The bike now has a total of about 70km on it. Any advice on the idle speed? Any other issues I should look at? I have read some posts about charging the battery, adjusting the carb, etc. but everything was fine the first 69km except the wheel bearings and that was just a sloppy assembly mistake. Am I being overly critical, is hypochondria setting in after reading so many posts on so many sites about issues??? Should I crank the idle back up and not worry about it? Should I give the bike more time to break-in?