View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaMike View Post
...maybe the spacer/sleeve shown in the photo below is not in there. We didnt remove the bearings yesterday only greased everyhting well. But he thinks when he had his finger in that space that he doesnt remeber if he flt it there. This may be the reason for the bad bearings and also for the fact that the wheel gets difficult to spin the tighter you make the axle bolt...

...Does anyone have any information on the specifics on the size of this part so that if needed I can have one made?? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment 4043
Yes, the wheel bearing spacer is necessary. It prevents side loading of the bearings. If this spacer is not installed, the wheel will definitely bind when you tighten the axle. However, this bearing is installed at the factory, and it can't come out unless your remove one of the wheel bearings.

If this wheel bearing spacer is missing, and you didn't remove it, you got a defective wheel from the factory. In that case the dealer should pull the front wheel off another motorcycle, and send you home as a happy customer.

The dimensions of the wheel bearing spacer are critical, and I don't know the dimensions. Riding a bike without this spacer will damage the bearings. If the dealer won't swap a front wheel for you, he needs to replace the bearings as well as install the missing spacer.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894