Thread: Hawk 250
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #1

Hawk 250

I purchased a new Hawk 250 from txpowersports.com last Sunday, I received it at my house on Wednesday. No complaints about that. It came in late in the day so I only removed the cardboard to see the cycle packed inside of a metal shipping pallet.

I have been busy at work and haven't had any time Thursday or Friday to begin assembling it. Saturday I had some free time so I got started on it and I have assembled most of it. All that is left is the front blinkers, mirrors, headlamp assembly. I should get that done after work tonight.

I did find that I am missing the heat shield body piece. The missing piece is the silver muffler cover / protector. I sent an email to sales@txpowersports.com this morning. I will see how soon they reply. Hopefully they ship one out at no cost.

I have a couple of questions:
1. Does anyone know of a skid plate that bolts up to the frame? It can be a universal one. I just want some kind of extra protection between a rock and the engine.

2. What about aftermarket brake pad? How much of a clone is the brake calipers that I can go to the local Japanese dealer and pick up a new set?

3. Aftermarket or factory (Japanese) clutch disks? Again, can I pick up a set at the local Japanese dealer or internet order?

4. I haven't taken a look at the air filter yet. Is it something that I can buy at the local auto parts store (Autozone, Napa, ect...). I know I should have taken a look at it.

Thanks in advance