View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #14

Bars done

Took the KTM out and let my girlfriends sister ride on the apollo. It was her first time on a dirt bike and it was a mudbath day in the woods. Cruel punishment but she took it like a champ. On the way there in the car I told her to expect to crash/fall and try to "Walk off the bike" whenever it was a slow tip over. The bike may be new, but I do not care about seeing her injured in the woods.

She tipped it over 8+ times, picked it up the first 3 times by herself. It was slick as snot and I was trying to explain that going a bit faster clears the lugs on the tires, she eventually picked up on it and became fast enough to keep her momentum up steep hills and over obstacles.

Came back and swapped the bars the next day, trying to attach pictures now. The stock bars ended up slightly bent from dropping it so many times so it was perfect timing to upgrade. I also took the forks out and drained them, put in just 3. ounces of fork oil and capped them. The next thing is to lower the shock or just put the rear upgrade on. I need it to be about three inches lower for her height because she can just tippy toe the bike while standing.

I cannot explain how impressed I was that she toughed it out for over 2 hours in the mud.

My KTM was the nuts. $1200 of shear screaming monster. I have the same bike out in Denver, but here at sea level third gear blip the throttle and my front end makes the the fastest unicycle in the woods. Not my style, but happy to learn the bike and float over jumps... More pictures to post.
Attached Images