View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 12:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaMike View Post

We took every thing apart and found some plastic shavings under the speedometer housing at the hub. We greased the hell out of everything, including the terribly dry bearings and put everything back together. The sound is still there. It tends to get worse when the bike is moving and the wheel is turned to the left or right. It is not a constant sound but it sounds really bad and is really loud when it happens. Going to take it in for service as soon as I can on Monday.

Anyone had this issue?
I haven't had that issue, but it is a whole lot of Not Cool.
The plastic shavings are an indication that the tab on the speedo sensor drive may not have been aligned in the groove. The axle nut might have been tight when it left the dealer but quickly became loose when the parts there were no longer acting as spacers.

I suggest removing the wheel again, check the feel of the bearing rotation by finger and also the speedo drive. Hopefully this will help isolate the problem and the shop can quickly fix it. Sounds like they have enough new bikes to pull parts from so should be able to get you out the door quickly.

Just in case, here's the CSC tutorial: http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/Articles.asp?ID=264