View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Great photos, Danimal! LOL - yeah, I didn't get an ADV sticker yet, but I think your solution really demonstrates the Adventure Rider spirit!

I couldn't help but chuckle... your quote about the leaves being brown and sky being grey reminded me of the song by the Mommas and the Papas, "California Dreaming", except you're in Ohio. (Sigh, I am that old...)

Bike is looking great! And I can't wait to get the windshield and try it out for myself as well. I will want the auxiliary lights like you have. Riding at night on dark streets, I found that I was wanting for more light, especially off to the sides. (I wish the same in my car also.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Great ride! What did you pack for dinner? Any insulation in the rear box? If you put one of those blue ice packs in there would it last?

/
Yes...that was a reference to the Mommas and Poppas.
Yes...I am that old as well (Michelle was a FOX back then)
I packed what has become my standard late-in-day road meal
3 pc KFC dinner
Can of decent beer (gasp!...he rides a MOTORCYCLE after drinking a beer!..Heaven forbid!)
bag of BBQ pork rinds

No insulation in the box, but that is easily solved by going to Walmart and buying a cheapo backpack/cooler.

By the way, the spots I am using (a few others here have them) throw out enough light to ride with at night. If you move your switch between low and high you can turn the main headlight off. If pointed correctly these suckers DO throw a great pattern when joined. I have them nearly merged together on the road right at the lower edge of my high beams. No flashes from cars yet as they are not pointed far enough downrange. You could easily point the right side off to the side of the road to illuminate deer's eyes.