View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to thedoc62
good to hear quality is improving
here in Italy there is what should be called an authorized dealer/reseller but since they sell campers and caravans they only sell small bikes as an option to be carried on the back of your huge "home on wheels"
so when I asked about infos and details and buying a new V-Raptor 250 they simply DID NOT REPLY
I finally got a preowned one of 2 years and 4700 kms on last July and i am enjoying it a lot, especially after some tuning moves...........
got stiffer front forks, changed rear shock adsorber with a used Hornet 600 Honda one (had to get rid of air filter box, adapt lower connection and install a cone filter on carburator), changed spark plug wiring that gave problems under heavy rain, changed some nuts/bolts of the frame/engine connection zone, got rid of some vibrations and noises, put a riser under side stand to compensate heightened rear of the bike and thanx God got rid of almost all of the EURO 3 pollution rules related circuit (only need to take cat away from exhaust to complete)
next steps: changing the original Dunlop tyres with smoother Bridgestone ones (in case you love "trail style", V-Raptor measure tyres are also available from Vee Rubber Thailand, VRM 274 and 275) and maybe changing carb too (candidates are 28 or 32 FCR Keihin, TM or VM 30 Mikuni and a few others)
it's another bike in terms of both solo and couple riding, handling, reaching top speed and MAN does it have a gorgeous aspiration sound when revving !