Thread: Honda NC700X
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 03:54 PM   #3

Just giving this a bump because I rode one today.

It's a 2014 with less than 200 miles on it. All black. It belongs to a cycling buddy of me who asked me to come over to look at. I know when I first saw a pic of one, I wasn't too impressed but seeing one in the flesh and parking my backside on it for a few miles, my mind was changed.

What I liked-gobs of low end torque, quiet, smoother ride than the CX. Fuel injected, good seating position, low seat height, fairly light, brakes only require a light touch, gear indicator.

What I didn't like, but probably could get used to-Instruments don't turn with the bars, horn button and turn signal switch have their position swapped. Saddle is uncomfortable at first sit but(t) does improve after a few minutes of riding. Sooner downshifts required when slowing (chug chug chug). Not as powerful or quick as the CX. It also has this metal thing that loops continuously between the rear wheel and the engine. I believe it is known as chain.

I have no plans to purchase one but it was nice to ride something that's isn't nearly 40 years old.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts