View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 04:11 AM   #35

Hi Gentlemen,

This is Wade from Excalibur Motorsports. I am very glad to see this thread of discussed on a dual-sport motorcycle that we distribute to American commerce.

We have been importing these bike (TMEC200) and selling them to dealers since model year 2009, only until some time last year (2014) we sold some to consumers in the region where there are no dealers of ours carrying these bikes. Most people obviously contacted us mainly after having read the discussion on this forum. So we broke our rules and sold quite a few directly to end users in order to satisfy the demands, most of them were assembled by us and PDI by our technician, so we have not received any negative feedbacks or complaints.

This unit with chain rubbing the lower lateral bar on the frame is the first one to my knowledge. The gentleman (TMEC808) who purchased this bike owns and runs a moped rental business in Kapaa, Hawaii. After he rode the bike for 17 miles, he called me to inquire why the chain was rubbing frame. I immediately requested him to send me some photos so to identify what he was talking about and I text messaged him a few photos off a fully assembled bike on our showroom floor for him to compare with. I did receive a few images on my phone, but the quality is not good enough for me to tell what exactly went wrong. After some more back and forth texting, I suspected the chain roller mounting bracket is not high enough to create the needed clearance. We immediately ordered a bigger rubber roller and a chain guide which side-mounts onto the swing arm with a spring loaded nylon roller and have them sent to him directly since they are different from our stock parts.

Making customer happy is very important to any business especially in today's marketplace. There are many ways to handle a claim. As a distributor and servicing company, there is a claim procedure we have to go through to get the claim taken care of, starting from identifying the issue with examing and finding possible solution to solve the issues. We've been in business for almost ten year and we tried very hard and even go extra miles to achieve the goal of making our customers satisfied. We earned many many dealers trust nationally. We do have our warranty details listed on our website very clearly for many years unchanged. Many people would think the manufacturer should warrantee this kind of defects, unfortunately, TMEC is not like those brand name companies with a headquarter setup here for their North America operation. Literally speaking, we are on our own once we import their products from China. If we are not offering any warranty to the products we sell, we shouldn't even react that quickly to order the roller and chain guide in such a timely manner for him. We first need to explore the possible options. If the bike is near by, I don't think all of you would be able to read this thread. Since the bike is in Hawaii and we are in California, so it takes some time to get it resolved.

I have requested to have some better images showing the problem in detail sent to me, instead, they appeared here in this thread, now I do see the problem being the mounting bracket not welded on properly. One thing I have to say, this forum is a public domain, it is not appropriate and it is irresponsible to bad mouth a company when an issue or a claim is still in process. I understand his frustration and apologize for the inconvenience caused by the fact. But this is a single case that does not apply to others. I really do not appreciate the email I received full of threatening and hostile tone. I don't think that will be good to any business. If we don't have the basic respect to each other, we should not even need to do business. Please do not assume what a $10 item can do or can't do before you try it. Toyota got fined heavily by missing a $10 part in their cars, GM got fined for 9 Millions recently by not installing a few dollar part in those affected vehicles, Ford Motors once also got fined for missing a $1 part intentionally.

Many great discussions and feedbacks will help manufacturer improve their design and quality. We American consumers are the ones who raised the bars higher and higher to those brand name manufacturers by putting our minds together discussing constantly with great ideas. Of course this will only benefit those who listen and act upon. Many Chinese manufacturers will still have quite some way to go to catch up in R&D and quality control. Most of them are still in the stage of copying other brand name products without any creativity. I don't think we will be able to see any changes down the road for next few years, at least I can say from the experience that I dealt with.

Once again, I appreciate the suggestions you guys came up regarding to this chain position issue.

Thanks.