View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 02:18 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmec808 View Post
thank again everyone for the reply.

i know chain looks tight in the picture but i assure you has easily 1 inch freeply with rider and weight on the bike.

i will take videos soon so you can see chain movement, slack, frame contact.

i was in contact with excalibur motorsports and they are the ones sending me the bigger chain rollers and asking me to just re-weld the lower roller instead of sending me a replacement unit.

he said that the warranty doesn't apply or cover that....

he seems to think if i run a bigger roller and a $10 rear chain guide i will be OK.

i explained that i didn't feel safe with a $10 chain guide keeping everything together at 50mph.

i wouldn't mind having to re locate a footpeg or panels not perfectly lining up, but this is more of a safety/operating issue than cosmetic.

left front shock guard also rubs on the tire, but i can live with it being off, but again the chain thing is just too much

hopefully i can get more input and excaliubur can stand by their "warranty" and send me a working unit.
I don't think you should be required to re-position the lower chain roller on a brand new motorcycle. That manufacturing defect is certainly covered by any valid warranty. I hope Excalibur Motorsports treats you properly, and sends your a replacement bike. However, based upon your reported conversations with them, I am not optimistic.

At the very least, they should pay for a local welder to do the work. I don't respect their claim that such a defect is not covered under warranty.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894