View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
When you sit on the bike... the rear swing arm comes up putting the chain at a different angle than it is when the bike is sitting (no weight on it). That is also why you must adjust chain tension with your weight on the seat... to ensure the suspension is compressed and the swing arm/chain is at it's riding angle.

That first picture of the bike sitting on the side stand... no weight on the seat... the chain looks way too tight. That could easily explain why the chain is eating the roller so fast... too tight.

Also... that one picture of the chain roller... the metal mount for the roller doesn't look like it got welded on properly... allowing the roller to not sit as high as it should be. Which would lift the chain a tad higher and it would probably clear the swing arm.

Hopefully someone with a TMEC/Denali can confirm that roller. But don't forget to properly check/set your chain tension (with weight on the bike).

Cheers!
thank you the chain tension was set properly.

when i installed the new bigger lower chain roller i had to loosen everything a readjust for correct tension on the chain.

i make all my adjustments and after i have someone sit on the bike and check the chain tension while he is sitting on the bike.

BTW i own/rent/service/maintain

2x - honda crf230L
2x - suzuki dr650
1x - kawasaki KLR250
2x - (dirt only) CRF230F

lots of practice setting chain tension not my 1st rodeo.

I own a motorcycle/scooter rental business. chain adjustment is probably one of the easiest item on my list.

you all forgot to mention to use an allen wrench between the chain and rear sprocket and rotate tire foward to set everything tight after finding correct chain adjuster settings on both sides of the rear axle bolt. millions of videos on how to accomplish this on Utube.