View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
I'm only speculating, but if the pump has held pressure and the injector doesn't fully seal, allowing some gas to dribble by when the engine has been shut off, then it will flow down the inlet port past an open valve in to the cylinder. Flowing down the wall and through the gap in the rings will be how it gets in the crankcase.

Jay.
That could possibly be what is going on.That is the best possible answer I have heard.I talked to Gerry at CSC and he said it was normal to see clear fuel/water/contaminants in the clear tube.He said he has been in discussion with the factory about it.I told him that you could light it but it could be diluted quite a bit and that still happen because of the vapors.
So I am ok with a fuel like substance collecting in the tube and chalk it up to a particular trait with this engine/injection high revving engine.But I am still perplexed by the thinning of my oil and so I will drain it in a few hundred miles again to see if it is still going on.The fella in England had a similar problem as me and went as far as to change the injector but it made no difference.
If there is a fuel dribble happening after engine shutoff maybe it is in the controller(ECU).Of course if it were bad enough you could risk a liquid lock condition.Checked my gas mileage this morning and I'm getting 65 mpg.It will be interesting to see what my oil looks like here after a few hundred miles.