View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 10:34 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Good news on the head gasket.

What is that interesting contraption in the left side of the pic? It's on casters, and it resembles a bike lift.
Ding ding ding ding. I expect the CX to be on it in a couple more weeks.

I promised a video, so here it is starring the yellow 4600.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/214992...posted-public/

Velosolex-wise, it was a good day. I got everything sorted on the 4600. All the lights now work and I swapped out the broken Aprilia kill switch with a Honda one. I also got the correct rotor cover, air cleaner, and fuel tank on each bike.

I was on a roll, so I made a head gasket for the 3800. A good look at the top of cylinder showed that the original gasket had been leaking for a while. You can see on the lower right where the gasket blew.

I rode the black one almost five miles after installing the head gasket, just to see what was what. Runs pretty good but doesn't seem to have the same amount of power as the yellow one. Then again, it hasn't been run for fifteen years. Also, my plastic welding job didn't hold on the the throttle tube. I remain undaunted, though, and will try another approach.

Now comes the onerous task of getting them titled and registered. That should be interesting.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts