View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 01:30 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I got tired of removing the plastic covers when I put in coolant so I put this funnel extension gizmo together. Now to add coolant ,I just reach in and pop the top of the overflow bottle hose off the radiator end with some pliers to remove the hose clamp and put the white end of the funnel extension into the overflow hose and add coolant. Don't have to take any thing off that way or remove the overflow bottle cap.
Spud my RX3 has 4500 miles on it and the coolant has gone down a little when out on long rides. I carry a bottle of coolant with me but now I am confident its not needed as the coolant takes a lot of miles before it gets very far down in the overflow bottle. I'll try it out this coming week at the Sound Rider Rally in the Gorge .rj
Thanks for posting the good information, George. Based upon the replies of Huck and NoVa, I'm pretty sure my coolant overflow bottle and cap are damaged. I'm hoping a new cap and bottle will fix the problem.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894