View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 12:32 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
One to add to the list....some UV protection in the paint.....I hadn't noticed it as its a gradual thing, but Chuck (my local riding buddy that also bought one) we had them shipped here together, but I've been riding mine daily, he has about 400 miles on his (about half of that we put on this weekend) and my RX-3 is practically Yellow, compared to the Orange on his that has been setting in his garage.....they were the exact same shade when they arrived, but it is night and day difference now.

I'll probably end up repainting mine this winter, but I am disappointed that my 2015 Motorcycle is faded so much in so little time...I mean it's still 2015 !

Yes, I know Reds and Orange are some of the worst colors to fade, but nothing should fade that fast.

I'm interested in Spuds bike, I'd like to see a picture of the tank if he takes the seat off, to see the amount of fade where the seat covers the tank.

Anyway, once I repaint mine (with quality paint) I'll probably do a custom color so it'll stand out a little.
Huck, did you smear some wax on the paint as the owners manual recommends? Which reminds me to pick up some new wax smearers this weekend.