View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #3

Was not sure exactly where I was gonn'a end up, just knew I wanted to go "that direction" * Points to the east*
So at 6:45AM in full riding gear / armor, I hopped on the Hardly-a-Davidson and set off on my morning adventure.
1st stop was the lake. For one, the morning coffee now needed out, and 2 it is a beautiful place to be. No where near as nice as the area Spud rides in, but nice. Snapped a few pics then headed on.
Went on a side road to dead end nowhere adventure, then back onto the main road and off to Fort Donelson National Battlefield in Dover, Tennessee. From there I stopped at McD's and met up with a 3 generation group of riders. Grandfather was on a Honda Shaddow, Father was on a Harley 1100 (not sure of exact model, think soft tail) and son was on a brand spanking new 2015 Harley 883 Iron. Although I have upgraded my cell phone and now have a 5MP camera, the idiot taking the pictures really needs to learn HOW to take them!!!!!!! LOL
Anywhoo, after a bacon egg & cheese McGriddle we were off to ride the Trace Highway. A B-E-A-Utifull stretch of road through LBL connecting the KY and TN borders. Stopped a few times on that road for smoke breaks and pictures.
* 1st stop was the old iron forge furnace. This thing is HUGE! Pics don't do it justice.
* 2nd stop was to the old homestead. WANTED to go through the "Old Homestead" -- a living working early 1800's style settlement plantation put on for the public-- and take some pictures for you guys, but it was going to be a 1 hour wait until they opened. So we went on.
* Last stop, only like 1/4 mile down the road, was to -- TRY -- to get some pictures of the Bison over there. But they were about 400 yards away, so even with my camera on 3X zoom, they were tiny in the pic. Oh well, I tried anyways.
All in all it was a really good ride. At the end of the Trace hwy, we went our separate ways and I started my long (somewhat boring) journey back home. Made a few more non interesting stops on the way back home.
Left at 6:45AM, got back home at 12:28PM. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Attached Images