View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #3922

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
Thank you for the reminder - I need to add more quick stop practice and some swerves into my parking lot routine. I've been focused on turns from a stop and starting without stalling :P

Definitely need to practice on the quick stops as my initial attempts resulted in locking up the rear wheel and feeling the bike fishtail/drift. I've backed off the rear brake pressure but now I suspect i'm being too timid with the braking as the stops are definitely taking more distance than I suspect they should...
A 13T C/S sprocket will definitely help you to pull away in first gear without stalling.

When you brake it is important to downshift at the same time. The resulting compression (engine) braking helps you stop quickly, without locking the rear wheel. This is especially important when braking on dirt roads, or pavement covered with gravel/sand.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894