View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 11:53 PM   #3910

Parking lot practice (low speed maneuvers and emergency stops) are so important. It really pays to keep those skills sharp.

Today I was leading on my new RX3, with my brother-in-law, my wife and his girlfriend following, on our way to Estes Park. I slowed down and signaled a left turn to go visit a historic church on the way. But my bil was looking at the church and didn't notice me stopping.

He swerved at the last second and was able to stop just past me. My wife dodged both of us but locked the rear brake and started fishtailing. She regained control but went onto the dirt shoulder and was almost completely stopped when the front tire slipped and she laid it down.

We honestly should have done more practice on her new TU250x, But thanks to all her practice on her old bike, she didn't panic and recovered from the fishtail. She wasn't injured and only suffered a few scratches and a bent shift lever.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol