View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
........... Just unscrew the top cap, withdraw the slide and spring assembly, and move the clip one notch on the needle.........

I took some pictures. I can not see any way whatsoever for adjustment's
of any kind on this throttle cap / "butterfly" assembly.
I am seriously thinking I need to increase the size of the idle speed jet from #42 (stock) to, I don't know, maybe 48 ish. I have ordered a new stock idle speed jet ( so I have a backup) and when it comes in I will start playing around with opening up the idle speed jet holes.

ALSO OF NOTE: Last night after installing all the latest CVT goodies ordered, I seen ZERO gain in anything. None. Nada.
To re-explain the problem, from a dead stop at idle like sitting at one of the umpteen hundred traffic lights we have here in Paris, when the light turns green and I roll on the throttle, the scoot CREAPS forward at like 2 to 5 mph, spitting & sputtering the whole solid 4 to 5 seconds, before taking off like a rocket. SOOOOOOOOOOO embarrassing! I am saying if you can picture this: Green light, 3ish MPH until dang near through the intersection! One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, one thousand four, one thousand five, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO, I put the original factory exhaust back on, and whatever that EPA canister thingy that LOOKS like it has something to do with EGR system of some sort, yet dumps into the CVT case. ( ! ! )
After putting the factory exhaust back on, I now have 100% power off the line back -- YAY!!! -- but now top out at 41MPH on the flats and 36MPH going up this blasted hill I hate so much going to work. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

There HAS to be something I am missing here.
Maybe the idle jet will remedy the issue. If not, I will be selling the Genuine (after putting the 50cc factory motor back in) and putting everything in the trans back to bone stock and selling the RH50.
After sold, I will get a 150cc GY6 , , , , , , , , something'ta'nother.
And then put those transmission parts in it!
Attached Images