View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Are you installing the original exhaust? What was the diameter of the original piston? Do you know the stroke?
As seen below, I installed the Prima pipe that came in the Stg2 kit.
I left off the rear fender & brackets on purpose.
The Prima pipe has a really great sound to it. Not too loud at all, but can definitely tell it has been modded well beyond stock. Some of this may be coming from the larger displacement as well.

Original bore & stroke an all 50cc PGO / Genuine 2 stroke engines
is 40mm x 39.2mm

Got the scoot back together today. Instantly noticeable power boost.
Still slower from everywhere from 0-Top end than a Honda PCX150.
That part really did surprise me because the RoughHouse is so much lighter, AND is a 2 stroke. :-/ Oh well.
I am not satisfied with the roller weight & contra spring set up.
It was faster 0-20 in bone stock form!!!
BUT, 21MPH & beyond it did better. A LOT better on the top end!
However, there is this, , , , , , , , lag, , , for the lack of a better term, from 35 to 45 MPH. It is like this:
0-20 "come on! Come ON!"
21-35 MPH " Oh WOW! Holly Crap! "
36-45 MPH "Where the CRAP did my power just go!!!!????!!!!!"
45 to whatever the heck I was doing (see pic below) "Oh wow, it is still speeding up! Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a scooter dork!!!! " LMAO!
Sorry guys, if you willingly CHOSE to ride a scooter, you are a DORK!
And I am a dork right there with you grinning all the way!

Hell, not like anyone really cares what you ride. Seriously. Who can you say truly CARES that you ride a scooter? No one.
Had a guy in a 6.2L (gas) F150 tell me at the gas pump he was getting 13MPG. I said I am getting 98. He then replied "Yeah, but only dorks or dudes with too many DUI's ride scooters!" I then showed him pictures of my V-Star, my S-Class Mercedes, my wifes Volvo, and just grinned and said "Yes sir, my name is Louis, and I am a scooter dork"
The MOST I squeezed in was $1.72, as I fired the little 50 (at the time) up and drove away, his pump was at $71 & change and still going! 0_0
* shakes head *

In the pic below of the speedometer, at the tip of my finger is where the needle stopped at tonight on my break in run. Not sure how fast it was, or how far off the speedometer is, but on 10" wobbly wheels, it was damn fast!
I ordered a Trail Tec Vapor speedo & tach, shipped UPS Next Day Air, and will try to install it tomorrow so I can get accurate RPM and TRUE speed readings. In bone stock but de-restricted form, it would just barely touch the 50MPH mark. So I will know, and report, how fast it was actually going at that mark (stock speed) and what the new true top out speed is.
Now, I am not saying that whatever speed it is, that it is all it can do.
I strongly feel with more tweaking and --maybe-- going even larger on the main jet, more speed could be found. I went from a 75 stock to a 95 that was provided in the kit. Time will tell.

In picture 2, I have the CVT cover was left off, and will remain off, during the next few weeks (or months) till I get tired of swapping stuff around on the CVT and feel that whatever combination I end up with is ideal. One would THINK what was provided in the Stage2 kit would be perfect.
Mmmmmmmmm. Maybe if you lived in flat Kansas maybe. lol

Picture 3 is of the Prima exhaust and deleted rear fender. I also removed the rear luggage rack since it is just adding weight and is never used.

OH!!!! And I almost forgot, I ordered a 3-In-One rear LED tail/stop/turn light assembly to go on the rear to further streamline the tail end. I have 3 different windscreens I can put on it, just got to play around and see what looks the best.

Ya know, I am kinda enjoying this.
Attached Images