Thread: At wits end
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 04:36 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
i still have the occasional stalling issue,,,that seems to happen only when coming to a stop sign or redlight,,,,installed all the new parts supplied by csc,,ran a dose of lucas fuel injector cleaner thru it (per csc tech) adjusted the valves,, an also checked battery voltage per spud;s advise ( its fine),,,isnt anyone else having this problem? Could it possibly be something to do with the clutch safety switch? Oh btw the bike always starts right back up after a stall.
I had an occasional stall for about the first 500 miles. It would just quit when I cut the throttle approaching a stop. Sometimes it would stall when first opening the throttle from a start. I got a bit used to blipping the throttle to help avoid this. But the problem seems to have cleared up, possibly after completing my first valve adjustment. My exhaust valves were loose -- roughly 0.15 mms or more than twice the spec of 0.04 - 0.06 mms. Once I set them closer to spec things got quieter and a bit smoother. And it's stopped stalling. But I can't be certain that the valve adjust had anything to do with the stalling.