View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 11:10 PM   #53

OK I'm just getting my head around the wiring at the moment so hopefully Ron can come along and blissfully guide me into not blowing anything up. There's not many unanswered questions as most things on this loom come with the correct gadget to plug into the ends. The ones I'm left with are for power and timing etc. I need to pull the side cover off the motor to see where each wire terminates really but the engine is sitting in the chassis at the moment and I need it there for a few more days. Don't think that cover comes off with the engine installed. I have three yellow wires and a group of three coloured wires coming out of the cases plus the block of wires for gear selection indicator. This is a DC conversion now, the DC magneto I bought is 5mm smaller than the one in the engine so will be too small to for that modded flywheel which is standard fitment on the engine. It's got a three faze 12 pole stator installed from factory so from what I understand I just need to eliminate the single coil that chucks out the AC feed to the standard AC CDI, the other 11 coils making plenty of juice for charging.

Wires:

The upgraded rec/reg I bought has 6 wires. The three yellows going to the yellows coming out the engine to be converted to 14 ish volts DC. Ok got that bit.

The rec/reg then has a green (for earth) and a red for charging power to the batt/loom. Cool......

The last wire on the rec/reg is red with white stripe. Translating the original ad with Google tells (I think) that this wire is for powering something else for extra loveliness and I think I can just tape it up but would still like to understand it's proper function none the less. They talk about highlight line' for upgraded headlights etc but I can't work out if the're saying it's instead of a relay or that you need to use a relay? Seems like the seller is quoting higher output figures for the 'highlight' line.

Here's the ad:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=17671820013

The other three coloured ones coming from the engine are green, blue (with white stripe) and black with red stripe.

I need to connect two of these to the injection system loom and those two on the efi loom are blue and green with white stripes, the black one on my other magneto comes from the single coil so logic tells me to exclude the black/red one as the AC power for old CDI. I need to check this first though. Green with white stripe on the efi loom is an accessory ground I think.