View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 12:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkN View Post
Well, the top of the engine is easy to reach that's true, as is the top of the carb. Overall, though, the carb is a real PITA to access. It sits right between those frame rails and it wants more delicate hands than mine to reach in there. Sigh.

The bigger frustration, as far as I'm concerned, is that frame design makes it dern near impossible to swap on a larger tank. Almost all tanks around are meant for a conventional backbone type frame or are fit very specifically for some other frame rail dimensions. And at 0.8 gallon capacity, that tank REALLY needs to be changed out.

Well, I don't know exactly how fast I'm going, and I don't know what RPMs its turning. It just feels and sounds like its really wound out in 5th and I'm not really going that fast thru the neighborhood. And second gear is barely above walking speed!

Interesting about the possibility of a cat. It never occurred to me to look or check. Huh.
Back when these bikes first came out, there was a competing China bike that was called a Hummer, and it had a much larger capacity. There isn't much that can be done about your tank, unless you're prepared to graft a conventional back bone in.

I'm now starting to wonder if your clutch is slipping; that may be why it's screaming but not actually going that fast. If the PO put regular 10W30 in it, the friction discs might be slipping. The good news is that the friction discs are cheap.

I'd run something through the header to see if there is indeed a cat in there. If there is, there's horsepower hiding in it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer