View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 11:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttafixit View Post
I took it apart. Sprayed the clutch plates with brake cleaner. Took my air gun to them to make sure they were dry. I put everything back together. Filled with oil to the "H" on the site glass which is about 1000 milliliters. Took it for a test ride. Went great until I went into 2 to 3 rd gear. While it was in 2nd I rolled on the throttle and I noticed it started to slip. I tried 3rd gear and it was the same.
I took everything back off and ordered the special socket to get the round part off. (Anyone know what that is called and what it does?) I have no clue. lol
Can I use my cordless impact to get that nut off when my socket arrives? Or would it hurt something?
I don't know much about motorcycles. Sorry
I'm going to order the clutch kit.
Humanbeing what brand would you buy if you had to buy a kit? I wanna buy the best one (or close to it). Rather do it right then do it half a*s.

Thank you, Dan
If you sprayed the friction discs with brake cleaner while the clutch was assembled, it would have little effect. By "special socket", do you mean a clutch tool? If so, yes, that is also the correct tool for dismantling the centrifugal oil pump rotor. When you remove the three Phillips screws (which are probably not Phillips, but JIS), you'll find the nut under the cover. That's also the opportunity to clean out the rotor, because sludge will collect there.

I use an impact to remove and install the nut, but I do it gently. Too much force, and you'll break the aluminum rotor.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer