View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWayne007 View Post
I suppose i should have made that a little more clear, when i said the 4th groove lol i mean that i richened it by moving the clip to the 4th groove kind of like this...

Lean -1st groove
-2nd groove
-3rd stock groove
-4th groove (current position)
Rich -5th groove

so the 4th coming from the top down. it may need a fatter slow jet i haven't really thought much about that and i turned the fuel screw out more but it seems like the further i turn it out the worse it gets or starts to smoke, for some reason it really likes the position its at right now other than it imitating pop corn i did install a copper exhaust gasket recently a buddy of mine pointed out that the gasket might be my problem since it never use to have one. this popping noise comes from the tip of my muffler. its actually pretty weird, other than that noise the bikes overall sound is good, really "snappy" and runs way better than it did before.

Also my soft spot for CG engines is pretty big mostly because they are super easy to fix when there is a problem, my buddy i refer too has a 250cc CG air cooled and we did a big bore kit on his and it runs like a dream. i have a very good place here in Canada that i can get pretty much every part for a CG engine for a really decent price i keep bugging them to start Carrying CB parts but so far no luck
Thanks for the explanation; did you try the fifth groove? Is the popping consistent across the entire RPM range or only at idle / off-idle? What jet sizes are you running now?

What size was the air cooled CG punched out to?

Who is selling CG parts in Canada?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer