View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
HELLO.. there should be a plate on the steering coloum that shows the vin and the year... can you tell me what the serial # is on the motor,, that might help as well..remember to keep your air pressure up on the tires especially the rear tire as if it is under inflated you will tear the tube valve stem off when the rim turns on the tire... go to princess auto and get some pressure reading valve caps they show up to 35 psi . the tires are at 40 psi.. let me know the motor serial # thanks
Thanks for the info! I managed to locate the vin plate on the steering neck of the frame as well as the build date. It was built in April 2010 indicating it as a 2010 model. I could not locate the engine number however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome! I haven't been to Lloyd in a long time.

Please show us more pics, and we can guide you from there.
Thanks, i will see what i can do about getting more pics of the bike. As you can see in the pic its parked in front of my old truck, but what is not seen is the other old truck in the driveway, that one makes it a bit interesting in trying to figure out how to get the bike out into an area to take pics of it lol.

Note: one of the first threads i read on here was by someone trying to adapt a pitbike headlight to his X33 and it appears that never got resolved, however the one thing that stuck in my mind about that thread was that the OP mentioned that he had 6v output after installing the regulator. Now my thought is this. My Yamaha DT250C has a 6v negative ground system in it with full lighting. I am just wondering if i couldnt replicate that system on my Gio to have full lighting on the Gio. I also know there are some LED headlights out there that will operate on 6 V of voltage so that is another thought worth considering. If i can manage to pull this off there is a pretty good chance i might be able to plate my Gio as a street legal supermoto style bike where i live.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)