View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #2938

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjr21 View Post
Initial ride report at just over 100 miles.

It has been a while since I was on a street bike with such low power. Power was sufficient to run 65-70 on highway two-up and keep up with flow or pass traffic.
Sound is very nice. I was very surprised. It is not quiet or anemic. Nice and throaty.
Passenger had buzzing of foot pegs but for me feet, hands and seat were all noticeable but not an issue.
Mirrors are too convex for my taste.
Wind protection was excellent. Windscreen moves air around body nicely. 5'8" rider with long torso.
Easy 1 foot flat or balls of both feet. 29" inseam.
Brakes are still bedding in but provide adequate power and feel.
Stock tires are smooth on road and provide plenty of stop and corner grip. Low noise. No off road testing yet.
After riding custom seats for years the seat is comfortable shape but a bit hard.
All controls feel very nice and are positioned intuitively.
Gearbox is great on upshift. A little notchy on downshift.
Neutral is difficult to find on a roll to a stop. Easy to find at a complete stop.
One false neutral when testing to see how lightly I can operate lever and still change. It is really low pressure to make this happen and without full lever motion.
EFI is really well sorted. From idle on up no hiccups or dead spots. Only issue I have is my idle needs to be raised. It is set to about 1,200 and engine dies. Should be 1,500. I will adjust and test more.
Suspension in stock setting was a bit soft in rear 2 up and a bit firm 1 up. Will have to adjust to find happy settings for me.
Front suspension was a bit soft 1 up for strictly road but as an ADV bike will be a nice mix for off-road use.

Can not wait to get more miles on the bike.
That is excellent, detailed information. Thanks for posting it.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894