View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 10:50 PM   #95

Just like to give couple updates on my last service. Please note that there are 3 oil filters that you need to clean. The location is as shown in below pictures.

The mechanic just wash the filters with soap and blow dry them. Be careful, these filters has assembly orientation. Do not forget the right way when put them back!

And for the problem of hard to get to neutral, the mechanic changed my clutch spring. I manage to snap a picture of both existing spring and the spring the he put on my bike later for your reference.

The spring on the right of the picture is the original spring. Left is the replacement.

From the picture you will see that the spring that the mechanic replace for me is having lesser number of coils and smaller wire diameter. Changing to softer spring will cause slip clutch problem. Mine happen on first gear when I crank my throttle too much when I slowly release the clutch.

I am going to use it to observe the performance at this moment. My idea is to change to the spring with same compression force with the existing ones but lesser number coil number. This might solve the problem.
Attached Images