View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
You can also fashion a guard to protect the air filter, by attaching a piece of plastic to the frame with zip ties. The idea is to keep the air filter out of the spray zone of the rear tire. I like the 90 degree turn idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I would abandon the headlight idea, since the coil is not likely to be able to power it, or charge a battery. Wait for you next bike on that.

That seat looks awesome! Did you recover it yourself? I'm sorry to report that the flat black tank will not last, because gasoline vapours will pass through the tank and peel the paint. Better to buy a tank in a colour you like.

You'll likely find a replacement rim on eBay; hopefully it will be in better shape.

Yes, that's the tire size. Try eBay, www.rockymountainatvmc.com or www.bikebandit.com
The air filter I am thinking of getting is either this one Long 90 Degree or this one Short 90 Degree
My fiance actually did the seat for me xD
And I know exactly what you mean about the gas tank and painting it problems, I woke up this morning and it was already running in some spots, so I just sprayed it down with WD40 and got ll the paint off. Im just going to order some new plastics, they arent that expensive, I have found fulll sets for under $100.
Thanks for the tip on the headlight too, I didnt really need it anyhow I rarely ride it at night for now, I just noticed it looked like there had been one at some point. Other than that shes running good, Im looking at exhausts and rims today.
I am also trying to find the back brake linkage.
The brakes work great, I twisted the little nob on the back brakes and the bike wouldn't move, and I have my back brake pedal, but the complete linkage system is gone.
I've tried eBay and some other places, but just cant seem to find one.
Would a PW80 brake linkage work for it?
If not, would you have any thoughts of a bike that would work for mine?
And thanks, its one I use on a lot of forums I go to, I always thought it was wacky and represented me well haha. Have a great day man!