View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 05:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome!

I have quite a bit that I can share with you about this bike, since I worked on Son of Weldangrind's Dirt Runner 49 a lot. Your bike frame is cloned from the Yamaha PW80, and the engine is a clone of a Honda horizontal motor. The frame of architecture of the motor is the 50 / 70cc motor, and your model has been bored and stroked to nearly 100cc. FYI, you can bolt in a 125 or 140 if you choose.

Look for the actual displacement to be stamped on the cylinder. The cylinder head is silver, and is where you'll find the spark plug. The cylinder is right below that, and it's black and finned. Don't be surprised to find a number like 88 on it, which means 88cc. Most motorcycle manufacturers have been guilty of rounding up. A 110cc engine is actually 107cc.

The leak looks to be coming from the cover for the automatic clutch adjuster. Remove the two screws and the cover, and I presume you'll see an o-ring that's worn. Just buy a matching o-ring from a hardware store, or an assorted o-ring kit from Harbor Freight.

If you need to order parts, the easiest source is eBay. You'll find ridiculous amounts of stuff for your bike. Don't bother with brand names; just search for things like "125 dirt bike carburetor", and you'll find what you need.

Yes, please tighten those spokes immediately. When the spokes are at an adequate tension, they'll ring when struck with a wrench. The act of tightening the spokes to correct a wobble is called truing a wheel, and it takes some practice. Search Youtube for vids on it.

Yes, you can install a key switch. Find a cheap one on eBay that you'll be able to mount somewhere, and let us know once you have that part sorted out. We can help you connect it from there.

Wow, thanks so much for all the information. So the first thing I did was went and checked for the number you mentioned. I found two, the first one was 14-2 it was on the bottom of the cylinder, an the next one was 97mL it was on the right side of the cylinder. Heres a pic of both.

http://w56i.imgup.net/KIMG0006fd4f.jpg
http://v74i.imgup.net/KIMG00077765.jpg

I am guessing it's a 97cc? I can't see it being 142cc, plus the dash didn't make sense to me, although I could be wrong. If it is a 97cc, I noticed like you said ATVs, Dirtbikes, etc tend to round up to the nearest cc. So when searching for parts on eBay I would just search, say "100cc dirtbike performance air filter" or something similar, right? And if I wanted to buy body parts, like plastics, or handle bars, or a new throttle would I search for PW80 stuff or try to find the right kind or my actual brand?

I'll probably bring the old O-Ring or whatnot with me to make sure I get teh right one. Is there any type of like sealant I should put on before tightening it back down or just put the O-Ring on it and bolt her back on?

Theres no special tool I need to tighten the spokes or anything right? I tried a few using just a pair of pliers and it seemed to work. Ill be sure to check those vids out too.

I also noticed another little problem today when I rode it for a bit. Before I rode it, my chain was perfect not to tight when I was sitting on the bike and not loose when I wasnt sitting on it.(this is a quick question too, how tight should my chain be, like how much play should be in it?) I took it for a ride, and when I got back, the chain was quite a bit looser than when I left. I know that the chain tensioners were tight, and that the axle bolts were tight. The only thing I can think of is on the right side there is a rather large washer or spacer, but nothing like this on the left hand side, I took pictures which are below. Any idea what could be cause that to happen? I know I tightened up eveything really good before leaving.

http://i.imgur.com/qrpBw5n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZpNw7rs.jpg

Thanks again for all the help man, its greatly appreciated!