View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #11
Banned

Thanks for the info,

Mike and adjuster, It is there today. Didn't get done till yesterday date, for some reason. Anyway, not a problem now.
Again, Thanks as I have plenty to deal with already anyways..whew!
And, a good friend found a WR 250 Yammie and a DRZ 400 for 3000, well 28 DRZ and 3100 WR, so a wash, really for me, and I really like the Yamaha anyway. Its got 8000 miles, and an IMS 3.5G or therabouts tank, a tank bag he's including, and has it wired for GPS and heated accessories already, so save all that hassle as well. I already have soft bags(use/swap off/on my SVS 650) and a tail box (from an old scooter thats blue, also, so I'm pretty happy about now its worked out so well for me, really. Do the right thing, and sometimes, things work out (sometimes not too, though! hehe)
Hope everything goes well for you guys bikes as well. I always said and thought the Zongs were fine, and should last as long as any bike out there once debugged, if any, (like ANY new bike and design, from ANY manufacturer.)

IF I lived in Cali, could afford to ride BAHA with the group time and other wise, Bike would be "debugged" after the 1000+ miles trip., I'm confident of that. I'd have been OK going through with the ride and purchase, probably, as I feel confident CSC will fix them in their facilities if a internal engine issue comes up (or anything needing shop level tools I couldn't do myself), I think, at first at least.

On my own, (riding back across country), being stuck at some dealer thats a hater of other brands, especially Chinese bikes, not comfortable anyone BUT me would end up paying for a repair I couldn't do on the road.

Without the labor and hourly charges the'd pay (to help negotiating and to KNOW my exposure max if things didn't work out, especially after the deception re independent dealers/approved service centers issues, not too trusting after that, especially when they were uninterested in changing the wording of warranty and sales info to reflect the new or real policy that they have in place.
ANyway GL with your bikes, and ride safe! Maybe see you "out there", sometimes.