View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #1708

Out for a quick ride today passing through Cheddar Gorge ( where Cheddar cheese first came from ). Some good bends to negotiate .The bike handled these without problem at a nice pace . No peg grinding here ! have to keep an eye out for sheep on the road.

Turns out i cant take photos for shit , they will get better !

THe arrow points to Glastonbury Tor, historic place linked to the myths of King Arthur . will take a closer look some time in the future.

rode with gps and the speedo seems to be reading about 10 mph higher than gps speed

@ Weldangrind --
I guess there could be a bit of air in the brake but the lever doesnt "pump up" like a car foot brake does when theres air in the system .The lever doesnt hit the grip but gets quite close nearing the end of the lever when hard braking. I tend to grip the throttle with my thumb and index finger with my other fingers on the brake lever so not a problem.
If it turns out theres no air in the system then perhaps an adjustable lever will be the solution for people who take a different grip on throttle and brake lever.

@ rjmorel --
ok ,,,, deep breath !,,,, i wasnt going to mention this but i have already dropped my bike

it envolved the retractable side stand ( UK, EU law if no side stand kill switch fitted ) its still to soon to go into detail about it

Im 5'8'', 150lb of wind and piss . I managed to pick the bike up with a bit of a struggle with a full tank .That said i was that pi**ed of with my self i probably could of flipped a car on to its roof.
side stand now modified !

@ G19Tony ---
i will have to get back to you here with spanner sizes for wheels.