View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 05:59 PM   #1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjr21 View Post
Without seeing the inside of the muffler it is hard to determine the restriction that it has. The outside shape looks like it would have a single bypass design.

Airbox is a nice large. The opening may be adequate. Will have to put it on the flow bench and test it. Design also looks good to remove water from intake.

I am not a fan of the foam type filters. Too easy to choke the air flow with excess oil.
How thick is the filter? Can find a standard K&N to drop in there if there is enough space.
Yes, I need to receive the RX3 before I can inspect the muffler. If the stock muffler is very restricted, I might consider purchasing an aftermarket muffler. However, the design of the stock muffler looks promising to me.

I apply the minimum amount of filter oil, and I get good results from foam air filters. I don't trust K&N air filters for off road riding. Since it is easier to apply sparingly, I use No-Toil oil on the conical air filters in my Honda CRF250X and Honda XR650L. It does a very good job filtering dust and allows excellent air flow, which is superior to that allowed by conventional filter oils. However, I still prefer using BelRay filter oil for flat foam filters, since it is much easier to squeeze the flat foam and remove the excess oil. Therefore, I prefer BelRay oil for the flat foam filters employed by my Zongshen ZS200GY-2, and the Zongshen RX3.

Judging from the photograph, it appears the RX3 air filter is about 1/2-inch thick.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894