View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 07:15 AM   #2
Banned

OOps forgot,

The shop & engine building area I'm offering for fellow traveling and in need of help ZOng owners, is heated and fan cooled, when needed. This is offered Gratis to Zong members of this forum that have a listing on the guide. Even is all you offer is Name, type bike, phone, address, and email, its still OK by me. You may could take a stranded ZOng traveler a part, shuttle him/her to parts house, or get a tire repaired if time allowed you to do so.

For this to work, well, we need people to sign up. Once we get a hundred or so, it will take off when people realize how much grief it can save stranded travelers, AND how smart and generous other ADV riding ZOng owners are!

ITs no small thing to offer someone a cold beer after a long hot ride n summer, or a hot tea or cup of coffe (or meal) and safe camp spot also, at little or NO cost to those at home offering it...However, if you are the exhausted and in need traveler, who usually is getting screwed as an outsider at Motels, restaurants, etc, Its A HUGE help, and can really enhance enjoyment of the trip..AND then they may stop in on their ride at your home/shop and everyone then is a net winner with little downside of cost to those offering help and or camping, lodging or shop help when we're on the road... and in need..

Of course, we need to have a short survey to rate hinesty of offerings to weed out/flag any pretenders or scammers trying to take advantage using the guide.(or "bums'/leaches...) SUrprisingly, that VERY quickly was pointed out the very few idiots trying that on the TDR guide. The forums and feedback form (I'll try to get a copy and permission to use it..there are many Motorcyclists and sport car gearhead members on there anyways, and CSC might get some free advertising for his bikes from them (a road test maybe?) They are usually very suportive of other forms of engine powered vehicles not diesel pickup trucks and in competition...
www.turbodieselregister.com if anyone's interested.

Spud, the added after about 6 yrs of the magazine, the website and then "Geno's Garage" selling parts and Farkles. The upgraded 5th gear conversion upgrade/repair on NV 4500 transmissions they source and sell at a semi GBuy price, and have IN STOCK always for overnight shipping if needed. Hop up kits like the EJK for our bikes, exhausts, mudflaps, etc, etc. CSC may want to look into this as it seems they will offer many optional add ons, many made or approved by ZOng, thus not issue with warranty, and of OE quality and spec.

ANyway, I encourage everyone who will be traveling, adv'ing on their bikes to USE THIS FREE SERVICE, so it will become a valuable resource for us.
Unless we use it, it will never grow and reach critical mass where it helps everyone all over the country (and eventually other countries!