View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
Banned

NEW Travel Guide Camping and help offered guide!

Speak up if you have camping, tools shop space, parts, etc for traveling RX-3 (or other ZOngshen motorcycles...
SIgn up on this thread. Please post up your Name, contact info, and what type services or hospitality you offer and any costs related. This will grow, (hopefully everyone uses it) into a GREAT and handy assett to us all while in new adv territories, when the unfortunate happens far away from help we familiar with or know about.

I'm a Dodge Cummins diesel truck owner modder since 1995. I am a memnber of a group of owners and entheausiasts thatfortunately have some VERY, VERY smart older retired Cummins and general truck and diesel geniuses as members/owners as well. These guys , many started businesses supplying parts and advice on modifying our trucks, and some are quite successfull now.
One guy started the Turbo Diesel Register (the owners group/club), and has a quarterly magazine he publishes (still ) and has a GREAT website with all the back issues etc. accessible on it.
One of the handiest things is the travel guide.
It has a list of members who have some tools, garage/shop space available, and, if wanted or needed (usually) reasonable shop rates for doing large and or small jobs, upgrades, and performance increases.
I think we should do that (club but definitely the travel guide. It lists camping in yard (or camper rent/some free use is offered), a camper spot to use while repairs are done (like a engine or transmission repair or rebuild, even.)
This site, Spud, is already done, and even better than a magazine!.
I think I'll do a new thread re this and see if others would like this as well. Might be usefull and FUN!
I cna tell there are LOTS of smart (and connected) guys and girls on here that can really help other owners and riders...Just need to get the word out on who has what, and what they are set up to offer (Like Kato & myself offer free camping) to Zong owners traveling.

Tommy Hill (256)794-2382 PM for email if needed. Offers: Free Camping, some free tool use (Have complete engine shop) no lift available. Will offer encouragment and advice free. WIll possibly do service work on a case by case basis(for cost). Wind Creek STate Park (and campground) is 7 miles south, and VERY nice but reasonable cost.
ALexander City, AL 35010 (Lake Martin area)

If/when we get enough "members " on this thread, I'll post it into an organized form, and print it out. Then everyone can have it when they need it out on the road. (Unless someone has a better suggestion of course.

I've used the TDR guide when traveling in my Dodge pickup 3 or 4 times and it saved me a tow, and $$ as well as made some good new friends!