View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #1526
Banned

Dab of silicone or ?

Excellent point (re damaged and intermittent power through USB port on Nuvi, ESPECIALLY on a vibrating bouncing motorcycle, exposed to wind, and the elements!
What is YOUR solution SPud, (or is your power supplied differently?

Link for Rescue insurance anyone? I bet thats EXPENSIVE AS ALL HELL!

DOn't they give you a choice/heads up BEFORE doing any billed rescue work, though, and any choices as to alternate (cheaper) solutions to your emergency? (IE: Sea Tow (if a boat), or wrecker service if applicable for your "emergency".

I read some of the stories of "rescues". Many are just pissed/scared/angry/frustrated dates/wives/husbands/significant others, not happy with getting wet and cold and the engine stopping(ON A SAILBOAT)!! no less, in GStream, less than 30 miles off shore fully provisioned and no injuries.

There are some complaints that CGdoesn't tow their boat if non life threatening...
I believe protocol is if emergency without outside assistance requested (when it would not endanger anyones life) they shoot and or otherwise scuttle the boat, so its not a navigation hazard to other mariners.
Seems harsh, possibly, BUT cuts down on frivilous or non life threatening emergency calls, I'll wager!