View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 07:58 AM   #20

Just want to share my thoughts in the type of ride I envision. I only have 7 days to pull this off. The first day will be simply be getting to Ca. Keeping 1 day in reserve that leaves me 5 traveling days. It's a 2300 mile trip so I'm going to have to plan on at least 460 mile days. That means at least 9 hours of saddle time per day. This trip is going to be a grind with little time for off-road or sightseeing. I also do little planning because there may be days God willing that I may churn out 600 or 700 miles though higly unlikely on a 250cc. New Mexico and Texas can both be real bears with high crosswinds. I've travelled from the four corners to Georgia and back I don't know how many times and have learned to dread crossing the Great Plains. Will it be an adventure? Will I learn the capabilities of the RX3? Yes to both. Will it be fun? At times yes but others no. One will have to "endeavor to persevere" and in doing so will accomplish a deep sense of satisfaction. I think my trip will be much like running a marathon. Just my 2 cents worth.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Last edited by Wolftrax; 01-11-2015 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Add