View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete350lc View Post
Hi, ive come across a problem as my bike wont run for less than a second or two after a bit of throttle prior to starting. I have looked at dozens of inlet manifolds that have the breather pipe on top but on mine it is at the bottom go figure! this pipe has had fuel in it going to an air emission valve see pics. No other markings on the valve other than a symbol. the valve has an electrical connection to it that goes to a control box.

My question is has anyone had any experience of one of these valves to share. When ignition put on the valve seems to do nothing. and is the pipe into the inlet manifold suppose to be connected to the bottom.
Only done 200 miles. Has always been difficult to start. Bought from new with only lubrication of areas and oil change. Any help would be mint.
I can not say I know this valve , but as an auto mechanic . I would say it is an evap purge valve . On a car it would only open above idle ,to recover gas fumes from a collection canister . In your case I would plug or pinch off with a pair of locking pliers the vacuum line and see if the problem goes away . If it goes away , likely that valve is stuck in an open position .