View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:23 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjn View Post
I like the Bashon 200 and the TMEC also. The Bashon has to be the bargain in the 200 (and they make a 250cc also). One thing I like about the TMEC is a quite organized and pretty well thought out online parts catalog. As far as I know Bashon doesn't have one. And, I've heard good things about Wade Liu of Excaliber who sells the TMEC. Third, I had the chance to at least see a TMEC in Puyallup, Washington about 3 1/2 years ago in person, and they looked pretty nice.
My instinct tells me go cheap.. The Bash is $1130 shipped and has the counter balanced engine.. I can jazz it up and make it go.. However..

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I would still consider the TMEC just because of parts and such. The advantage of the Bashans is the price and the larger engine, however. I am biased toward TMEC because I want to ensure they stay in the US for a while, but being a cheap guy, the Bashans look good from the price point?! Maybe you can wheel and deal with Wade?
I have a good feeling about the TMEC. The fact that they are an actual machinery company and sans the engines and maybe plastic bits, I am guessing they do alot of the other fab work in house. From what I can see, they (TMEC) are pretty well regarded in China and here on CR.
Wade is indeed a top notch guy. I am steering toward the TMEC knobby 200.

My only concern is roadability. I live in Wisconsin and there are a plethora of rustic dirt and tar/stone roads smattered with late 19th century Amish farms, rolling hills and loads of old logging roads to explore.. I live in a somewhat urban area and would need to commute to these adventure areas on rural highways with 50-55mph speed limits for 30 plus miles. I want to be okay with winding this little 200cc up for more than a few miles. I would hate the thought of having to trailer my bike there. That would kill some of the adventure.