View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #45

Well if my bike dies I have help 100km's around Toronto, and Ottawa. Near the start and end of the trip I have family who have vans that can come and pick me up. The half way point is around kingston, though there is no van, if I'm having trouble with the bike, I have a place to park the bike, sleep, get parts and fix. From the half way point I can abort or continue. I'll take a can of puncture seal, a hand pump, and my tubes. I figure my chances of making it all the way, go up once I'm past 100km. 8)

I have 3700km on the bike now, better it die now than 3 weeks into next season, that would be crushing. I could easily waste the whole season getting a new bike. At least if it dies now I have all winter to get another. On the other hand there is a really good chance that the bike will be fine. Or I'll have to MacGyver something, I am no stranger to sidewalk surgery. :twisted: . My season is so short that I can't afford to be fearful of adventure. My trip to Sarnia was like a gambler's first trip to the racetrack. 8O When do we go again??? 8O

It's Thursday, weather for the next 8 days is perfect. Leave day is Saturday or Sunday. The return day remains even more open. Sunday monday or tues, later if I need time to repair. Fingers are tired. Any hints tips or tricks Folks? :wink: