View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
What I find these bikes doing is replacing people's perception that they 'need,' at minimum, a KLR650 to go south of the US border.
Well said. I'm sick of the "more is better" attitude that we've developed in NA. I spent two weeks in Alberta recently, and there were one ton diesel trucks everywhere, used for commuting and grocery duties. Adventure bikes are becoming obscenely big, to the point where they're hardly manageable. Good luck if you ever drop one.

All we have to do is look to people in Asia, who we've all seen carrying a family on a 200cc bike. Granted, that's not by choice, but it makes a point; one person can tour the globe on 200cc. The venerable TW200 has the distinction of being the first bike to have ever been ridden to the North Pole.

I know that your point was specific to heading south of the US border, but it applies in any direction.

/rant

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Last edited by Weldangrind; 11-27-2014 at 11:41 AM.