View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 12:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I wouldn't drill a main jet unless I had a numbered drill bit set. For example, if a main jet is a 100, that typically means the orifice is 1.00mm, or 0.0394". If you wanted to increase the size, the next step would be a #60 bit, which is 0.04". The steps need to be very small.

What size did you drill the jet out to?

Also, try to make only one change at a time, so you can narrow in to the actual problem. You indicated that you drilled out the jet (which increases fuel) and you opened up the air box (which increases air flow) and saw the same results. That is to be expected.

You then said you decreased the airbox hole to about 2 square cm and moved the clip to the top notch, which would affect the mid-range power.

I suspect that your main jet is still too small, but I don't know what size to recommend until you tell us what drill size you used.
Weld, the drill bit size used is 1.54 mm. I used another size 1.58 mm and move the noth down to the middle. When shifting to 4 the bike turned off. I assume the carb was flooded with gas due to the size of the main jet. I drained the excess gas and turned on again. I could not go beyond 4 cause I was riding around the neighborhood but did the chop at 4. I found the plug is black. I will ride it this monday and see what happens.