View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 12:29 AM   #731

OK. Lets see where to start- I came over here from AVRider's minimalist touring thread. And-- its all SpudRiders fault. Not only that I don't even WANT a Honda Tornado any longer..... its like this-

I am in Piura Peru, northern part of the country. I ve been in South America since June 2012 backpacking. US citizen, 63 years old, still surf a bit, climb a bit. Now- when I came down here one of the things to do was to go to Patagonia. I still may. A week more or less ago I came across from Ecuador when my visa time there was up. Waked by the Honda shop they had a Tornado, I talked to them about it. Walked by the Zongshen shop and they had a ZS 200GY10 that I though looked pretty awesome. I think I recall the price was around 5000 soles which is around $1700 and damn what a lot of bike for that price. A new 2014 Tornado here is 15,400 soles- $5200.

Just finished reading this thread start to finish and-- tomorrow I go back the 2 blocks to the Zongshen store and ask "where is the Z3".....Dont think I want a Tornado any longer.....dont know what the price here in $$ will be but hopefully will know more this time tomorrow. Thanks to all of the great people here on the thread. This might be the first Z3 to Patagonia....

Expat