View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 01:02 AM   #1

seriously not a new thread.

I know this is not a new thread but need your expertise advice. A couple of months ago, I posted some pics of the spark plug (white color) and received some comments about increasing the mainjet size. I replaced the stock muffler for an unrestricted one. I noticed that after shifting the muffler my ride lost power beyond 80 km/h (kind of stalling). I used a drill bit a little bigger than the stock mainje size (130 teikei) and opened the air box with the same results (notch was at the middle of the needle). Then, I only leave a hole of about 2cm2 in the airbox and moved up the notch to the top. This really increased response the first days reaching up to 90 km/h (beyond that, bike stalls). I did the plug but the spark plug had the same white color. After a couple of days riding this way, the bike start to spend more time warming up by morning and slowly respond the acceleration. I thought this was a warming problem. Three days ago, the bike warmed during 5 minutes but after that turned off when trying to accelerate. Know the bike is sitting until I get the right mainjets but not sure if I should buy these sizes: mikuni n102-221(brand and model recommended here) 125, 127.5, 130, 132.5, 135. I will be in Cruces last week of October and need to buy them online to pick them up in Cruces. I got to play with these guys but need you expertise.

NOTE: I used a drill bit because down her in Mexico mainjets cost about $22 each.