View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #4

Back of the 500:

The swingarm must be cut and re-welded to do this swap correctly IMO. I snapped a pic of the cuts I made. The first bend with be the bring the passenger side of the arm closer to the centerline of the bike and the cut towards the bolt holes will be to straighten the arm back up so it will align with your bolt holes on your axle tubes.

Installation is the reverse of removal. And, a highlifter 2 inch lift will still work and put you back to basically the original height but with a much more favorable u joint working angle. I made no changes to their lift EXCEPT remaking the outer brackets because one was found to be broken (after 100 miles). I will be contacting them about this failure as it in unacceptable in my opinion.

I did originally file the OEM plastics some because the 28s were rubbing slightly, now, 30s will fit with room to spare:

Looks like your back is gonna get slightly dirtier.

Bad news is the foot brake cable for the 450 is exactly the same length as the 500 meaning it did not fit. :dry: The hand brake cable had no trouble reaching. Questions, comments........
07 CRF50 - Stock